Virtual Data Center
- VDC is a symbol of Virtual DataCenter which described as a group of cloud basic
- There are main resources which are:
- the processor which is CPU
- memory which is RAM
- storage which is the disk space
- networking which is the bandwidth
- they are an image of the physical data center,
What are the benefits of the Virtual Data Center?
Increase the Life of Legacy Applications:
So, move them over to a virtual environment, and this will allow them to continue to run
- As increasing the number of resources available to your business, you will enjoy the benefit
- of being able to merge and optimize server resources.
- Moving over to a Virtual Data Center means a reduction in the physical machines, but, this does not mean
- they are now redundant – consider using them as a test environment for your in-house team.
- Old-style IT doctrine also means, one application/one server, for example, Microsoft Exchange,
- which done to separate applications, but, this resulted in “server sprawl” and significant
- under-utilization of server resources while adding to the cost.
Protection of the Data and Recovering the Disaster
- By storing data off-site, you are mitigating the risk of loss of data in the event of a critical incident
- Besides, making backups is much simpler and faster too, And because the servers are virtual,
- they can deploy with a few clicks – in the event, a virtual server is down, for whatever reason,
- another can make life almost.
Disadvantages of Virtual Data Center
High Risk of Physical fault:
So, have you anytime imagine the impact of these five servers by the single hardware failure in the physical
Do Not Support All Applications:
- Some of the cores applications including few database applications are not ready for virtualization.
- Sometimes your applications or Operating Systems may act in a virtual environment
- So, you should consider this while planning your server Operating
- Jason Buffington
- Edition no. 1 (08/02/2010)
- Paperback: 504 pages
- The Green and Virtual Data Center
- Greg Schulz
- CRC/Auerbach Publications
- Edition no. 1 (01/26/2009)
- Hardcover: 396 pages
- Gustavo A. A. Santana
- Cisco Press
- Edition no. 1 (07/01/2013)
- Paperback: 900 pages